Monday 10 August 2015

News of the South


Article by Matt King
 
The Saints preparation for the first round of pre-season games began and they’ve had a very low key week with nothing of note coming out of Saints HQ this week.

The Panthers this week have had another blow, seeing Cornerback Chris Houston retiring from the game, after struggling to shake off a toe injury which had already seen him miss all of the 2014 season although neither player nor team have stated the reason why as of yet.

Buccaneers GM Jason Licht doesn’t often speak to the media, but this week after seeing 3 INTs in practice, Licht felt moved to state “ One thing we love about Jameis is he trusts his arm,  but at the same time, we want him to minimize mistakes” [NFL Preseason HQ].
Austin Sefarin-Jenkins has played down comparisons likening him to Tony Gonzalez. Jenkins this week told the Tampa Tribune “I’m Austin Sefarin-Jenkins, he’s Tony Gonzalez. I’m going to do my job and leave the comparisons to the coaches and media. I just want to be the best version of me, let’s figure out at the end of the season how good that is”.
 

The Falcons may have had reason to worry that a key player might not be ready for the pre-season games with receiver Roddy White telling ESPN via NFL.com “I’m not worried about missing time, I had the same procedure last year without issues, it’s not an issue where I’m going to miss a game because it’s such a small issue, I’m not worried about it, not at all” The issue spoken about is relating to his knee, noting, if he needed it drained on the Monday, he’d be able to practice by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment